Movesense sensor is extremely versatile and can be used across diverse application areas such as sports, agriculture, manufacturing, and health care. It suits especially well also for research purposes. We collected a list of arguments why:
- Programmability: The sensor can be re-configured and functionally optimized, making it both useful and specific in every new project.
- Unit cost: Movesense sensor is clearly more affordable than most alternative systems. In research projects, this allows larger sample sizes or lower equipment budget.
- Local Data Processing: Movesense sensor is not only for streaming raw data but it can process data locally. Converting raw data into meaningful results already in the sensor minimizes the amount of data that needs to be transmitted. This reduces remarkably the use of wireless communication (BLE) and allows a long battery life with a replaceable CR2025 battery.
- Internal memory: The sensor can calculate and record results in its internal memory autonomously without a mobile connection and upload them to a phone for instance once a day. This makes data collecting very flexible and fitting naturally to research subjects’ normal life and ensures that no data is missing.
- Fast Development: Movesense platform includes data collecting mobile apps that work out-of-the box and sample apps for both the sensor and mobile that save development resources, speed up development projects, and enable the prototyping of ideas within days.
- Size and Weight: The small and lightweight sensor (<10g/0.35oz) is unobtrusive to wear even in continuous everyday use and is not afraid of being hit or submerged.
- Attaching Accessories: The sensor can be easily attached to the right place for measurement with various accessories such as wrist band, heart rate strap, gel electrodes, clothing clip and textile integration.
- External Sensors: The capabilities of the sensor can be extended by connecting external, 1-wire compatible sensors to the device. It’s possible to connect up to 128 external temperature sensors to one Movesense sensor. This could be used for instance for body temperature mapping.
- Development Support: Movesense team is there to help you with technical questions and experienced Movesense development partners can run a full development project for you if needed.
- Going Commercial: Movesense offers a direct path to commercialize the research findings if something useful is found. Custom branding and custom sensor firmware can be added directly in the production line, starting from as low minimum quantities as 100 pieces.
If you are interested in using Movesense sensors in a research project, get familiar with our
Movesense Academic Program!