Movesense Sensor Firmware 1.6.0 Released
The latest Movesense sensor firmware version 1.6.0 was published a few days ago. As always, we strongly recommend all developers to update their sensors to this one. It is definitely better than any of the previous versions.
The update includes a number of improvements, new features and bug fixes inlcuding
- Battery measurement improvements – an area we continue working on.
- 20kB extra flash – we were able to squeeze down the framework size, allowing a remarkable increase of memory space for your own applications.
- Whiteboard version 3.15 improves communication between Movesense devices – no direct impact on coding.
- Timestamp added to ECG data.
- Custom GATT service – an experimental feature that enables connecting a Movesense sensor with a Bluetooth device that doesn’t run the Movesense mobile library.
- DebugService storage (EEPROM) – another experimental feature to help debugging.
- New system states (Free fall/Double tap/Tap) – this is also an experimental one that we prioritized up in order to support a customer project where user input with gestures is needed to control mobile app functionality with a Movesense sensor.
Read the complete release note on Bitbucket.
Check also the Movesense Meetup summary that includes a few points related to Movesense development roadmap.
For feedback and suggestions for the next important features, get in touch via Bitbucket discussion, Stackoverflow and firstname.lastname@example.org.