Movesense Sensor Framework 2.0 Sneak Preview Published
After a profound development project, we are now getting ready to launch Movesense sensor firmware 2.0. It is a major update and brings loads of new capabilities to the system.
We are first publishing a sneak preview to let you try out your own code with it and to leave us an opportunity to root out any remaining issues before the official release. You can find the preview on Bitbucket in movesense-device-lib repository in a branch release/2.0-preview.
The 2.0 framework includes plenty of new features and improvements. Here are a few most important ones:
- Completely revamped, docker based build system for firmware compilations. The new development environment is a major step ahead as it includes all needed tools in one installation. It makes sure that your development environment is always up to date and with right settings. Even better, it works equally well in Windows, OSX and Linux.
- Bluetooth 5.0 support that doubles the data transfer speed from 1Mbps to 2Mbps.
- Much improved bootloader that makes device firmware update up to 5 times faster (DFU speed 1-2kB/s -> 10 kB/s) and has a few other improvements.
- Improved DataLogger/Logbook control, system settings, and a new hardware watchdog.
- Plenty of other optimizations and tons of bug fixes.
At the same time, we are releasing updated Movesense Showcase apps (Android: 1.9.8, iOS: 1.0.5) that are needed for updating sensors with the new firmware. Mobile apps are available in the usual places (Android: Bitbucket Downloads, iOS: Apple store).
Read the full list of improvements and check the instructions on how to update the sensor over Bluetooth or with the programming jig on movesense.com/docs. Note that the programming jig is again available in movesense.com/shop.