Movesense Sensor Firmware 2.1.0 Adds New Features and Improves Sensor DataLogger
We are happy to announce that the Movesense Sensor firmware 2.1.0 is now available for Movesense Active devices. The firmware will also be released for Movesense Medical as soon as additional documentation and other specific requirements of the medical standard have been met.
The new firmware introduces a range of useful new features and fixes a few bugs. The improvements are especially related to the Logbook function and help to use the sensor’s internal memory. At the same time, we are also preparing for future hardware versions with new memory configurations.
A notable new feature is also the support for binary 3rd party modules. This means you can publish your own custom feature or algorithm as a binary module and share it with other developers, keeping your source code hidden. This opens up the opportunity of licensing your IP to other companies using the Movesense platform.
- Feature: Improved Logbook GET speed. The impact is especially on the Android side, approximately doubling the GET speed. On iOS, the speed was at a good level already.
- Feature: Support for flash memory HW (future option)
- Feature: Support HW-variants with no EEPROMs (future option)
- Feature: Set size property to Logbook/Entries
- Feature: ECG/HR LeadsOff detection during measurement. The sensor will detect if the connection to a heart rate strap / glue-on electrodes is lost before the measurement is stopped.
- Feature: Per-product & Per-HW bootloaders. Different encryption keys for different (future) hardware versions prevent flashing a sensor with an incompatible firmware.
- Feature: Binary releases of 3rd party modules.
- Feature: Filter settings to ECG API. This feature enables adjusting the digital low pass and high pass filters of the ECG chip.
- Bugfix: Random Bad Logbook Entry timestamp
- Bugfix: Gyro doesn’t accept 125 dps config
- Bugfix: DFU mode switch via ble returning bad gateway instead of accepted
- Bugfix: Timestamp jitter on ECG
- Bugfix: Slow Logbook/Entries with many logs
- Bugfix: DataLogger returns json log with just one value (Mobile-lib issue #86)
- Bugfix: Timestamps jump backward on ECG error case
- Technical: RTT log cleanup
- Technical: Updated fixed Nordic command line tools in build env docker (mergehex issue)
- /Comm/Ble/Scan only returns one result (since 2.0)
Also the Movesense Device Service (MDS) library is updated to 1.63.0. This update includes a number of bug fixes and improvements.
We encourage everyone to start using the new versions. If you have any feedback or questions, don’t hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or, when related to coding, via StackOverflow.