Movesense MD is a wireless programmable sensor, used as a signal measurement device to provide data for medical applications and host devices. It is going to be the first medically certified device in the Movesense platform. Movesense MD will be registered as a class IIa medical device accessory, in conformity with the EU medical device directive 93/42/EEC *. Movesense MD is capable of measuring single channel ECG, heart rate, beat-to-beat intervals and motion.
The Movesense MD is capable of measuring, processing and sending the measurement data wirelessly to smartphones via Bluetooth LE. Free mobile application for evaluation purposes, software development kit and example source codes are available to support starting the data collection.
Movesense MD can be used also for OEM use cases. The sensor is available in flexible quantities with customer branding, allowing the customers to focus on the algorithm and application development and commercialization instead of developing proprietary hardware.
It’s designed and manufactured in Finland by Suunto, a brand of world renowned sports watches, dive computers and precision instruments for the toughest conditions.
(*) Movesense MD sensor is currently undergoing reviews related to the medical certification and will be commercially available as soon as the registration has been granted. Developing applications for the Movesense MD sensor is already possible with existing elements of the Movesense platform.
- Class IIa medical device accessory
- For medical OEMs and professionals
- Measurement capabilities:
- Single channel ECG, Heart Rate, Beat-to-Beat intervals
- Motion (9-axis IMU; acceleration, gyro, magnetometer)
- Evaluation kit with sample source codes available in the Movesense Online Store:
Movesense Medical Evaluation Sensor
(NOT for patient use until the certifications are completed)
- Available for diagnostic patient use in 1H 2020 upon completing the certification process
- Programmability: Developers and OEM customers can build custom apps to tailor the functionality of the Movesense MD sensor for specific use cases.
- Local Data Processing: Converting raw data into meaningful results already in the sensor minimizes the amount of data that needs to be transmitted. This reduces remarkably the use of wireless communication (BLE) and extends the battery life.
- Internal memory: The sensor can calculate and record results in its internal memory autonomously without a mobile connection and upload them to a phone for instance once a day.
- Size and Weight: The small and lightweight sensor (<10g/0.35oz) is unobtrusive to wear even in continuous everyday use and can sustain mechanical impacts and submersion.
- Development Support: Movesense team is there to help you with technical questions and experienced Movesense development partners can run a full development project for you if needed. Movesense platform includes data collecting mobile apps that work out-of-the box and sample apps for both the sensor and mobile that support the prototyping of ideas.
- Going Commercial: Custom branding and custom firmware of the sensor are available straight from the production line.
- Home healthcare
- Remote monitoring
- Diagnostics & testing
- Preventive interventions
- Rehabilitation monitoring
- Tracking of recovery process
A solution to support the assessment of balance and to detect changes in human performance
Identification of arrhythmias anytime, anywhere
Summer is here!
Our Movesense sensor store is open 24/7 so feel free to step in. Apologies for possible delays in processing the shipments due to the summer holiday season. Dismiss