Movesense MD is a medically certified (once the on-going certification process is completed *) programmable wireless sensor, solving physiological signal gathering needs in medical applications, including OEM use cases, allowing the customers to focus on the algorithm and application development and commercialization.
Movesense MD is capable of measuring clinical quality single channel ECG, heart rate, beat-to-beat intervals and motion and temperature, and available cost-efficiently in flexible quantities, with customer branding. Free evaluation mobile application, software development kit and example source codes available make starting the data collection a breeze.
Movesense MD sensor is the first medically certified device in the Movesense platform. The Movesense MD will be certified as a class IIa Medical Device, according to the CE medical directive, and is manufactured under ISO 90001, ISO 13485, EN 60601-1 and other relevant standards.
The Movesense MD is capable of measuring, processing and sending the measurement data wirelessly to smartphones via Bluetooth LE. It’s designed and manufactured in Finland by Suunto, a brand of world renowned sports watches, dive computers and precision instruments for the toughest conditions.
(*) Movesense MD sensor is currently undergoing reviews related to the medical certification and will be commercially available as soon as the registration has been granted. Developing applications for the Movesense MD sensor is already possible with existing elements of the Movesense platform.
- Class IIa medical device accessory
- For medical OEMs and professionals
- Measurement capabilities:
- Single channel ECG, Heart Rate, Beat-to-Beat intervals
- Motion (9-axis IMU; acceleration, gyro, magnetometer)
- Evaluation kit with sample source codes available in the Movesense Online Store (NOT for patient use until the certifications are completed):
- Available for diagnostic patient use in 1H 2020 upon completing the certification process
Movesense MD sensor is a highly versatile tool for monitoring different aspects of human health. It offers several unique benefits to healthcare and medical use:
- Programmability: Developers and OEM customers can build custom apps to tailor the functionality of the Movesense MD sensor for specific use cases.
- Local Data Processing: Converting raw data into meaningful results already in the sensor minimizes the amount of data that needs to be transmitted. This reduces remarkably the use of wireless communication (BLE) and extends the battery life.
- Internal memory: The sensor can calculate and record results in its internal memory autonomously without a mobile connection and upload them to a phone for instance once a day. This makes monitoring of a person’s daily life very practical and ensures that no data is missing.
- Low Unit Price: Movesense MD sensor is clearly more affordable than most alternative systems. This extends the potential user groups and use cases and helps to combat the growing healthcare expenditure.
- Fast Development: Movesense platform includes data collecting mobile apps that work out-of-the box and sample apps for both the sensor and mobile that save development resources, speed up development projects, and enable the prototyping of ideas within days.
- Size and Weight: The small and lightweight sensor (<10g/0.35oz) is unobtrusive to wear even in continuous everyday use and is not afraid of being hit or submerged.
- Attaching Accessories: The sensor can be easily attached to the right place for measurement with various accessories such as wrist band, heart rate strap, gel electrodes, clothing clip and textile integration.
- External Sensors: The capabilities of the sensor can be extended by connecting external, 1-wire compatible sensors to the device. This could be used for instance for body temperature mapping.
- Development Support: Movesense team is there to help you with technical questions and experienced Movesense development partners can run a full development project for you if needed.
- Going Commercial: Custom branding and custom firmware of the sensor are available straight from the production line.
- Home healthcare
- Remote monitoring
- Diagnostics & testing
- Preventive interventions
- Rehabilitation monitoring
- Tracking of recovery process
A solution to support the assessment of balance and to detect changes in human performance
Easy and reliable identification of arrhythmias anytime, anywhere
Visit Movesense at ISPO Munich 2020 starting January 26th!
Booth BN02 / Hall B4 ISPO Brandnew village.
Our Movesense sensor store is open 24/7 so feel free to step in. Apologies for possible delays in processing the shipments due to the exhibition activities. Dismiss