Movesense sensor module for developing, debugging and running your own Movesense applications. Unit price includes free use of Movesense developer tools and sample code.
Versatile, light and small but durable sensor capable of measuring ECG, heart rate, heart rate variability or movement – movement of the human body, of sports equipment or, of anything you can imagine. Runs an open API for developing unique in-device apps for all kinds of heart rate and motion sensing use cases.
- Swim and shock proof construction, suitable for any sports and wellness use case – and for a whole bunch of innovative use cases beyond just sports!
- Based on Suunto design and development
- Developed, designed and manufactured in Finland
- Low profile snap connection for smooth and subtle attachment to apparel and gear
- User replaceable battery (CR2025 coin cell)
- State of the art ultra low power circuitry
- One of the lightest and smallest sports sensors on the market, 9.4g / 0.33oz. with battery
- Customer branding available
- 9-axis motion sensor: 3 x accelerometer, 3 x gyroscope, 3 x magnetometer
- Heart rate (BPM, R-R intervals), non-medical ECG
- In-built memory for logging data
- Bluetooth® Smart compatible
- Software tools for developing applications that run on the sensor
- Wireless firmware update with BLE
- Create your own REST services to the sensor with Movesense API
- Edge computing: program the sensor to process measured data locally before sending or storing it.
- Utilize the sensor’s data logging capability for standalone operation.
- Developer tools, sample code and open source mobile app for efficient development.
- Diameter: 36,6mm (1.44 in), thickness: 10,6mm (0.42 in)
- Weight 10g / 0.35oz with battery
- Water resistant to 30m/100ft
- Nordic Semiconductor nRF52832 comprising 32 –bit ARM® Cortex®-M4 with 64kB on-chip RAM and 512kB on-chip FLASH
- Integrated Bluetooth Low Energy radio, 2,4GHz
- External memory: 3Mbit EEPROM
- Accelerometer, range :±2/±4/±8/±16g full scale, sampling frequency: 12.5/26/52/104/208/416/833Hz
- Gyroscope, range: ±125/±245/±500/±1000/±2000 dps full scale, sampling frequency: 12.5/26/52/104/208/416/833Hz
- Magnetometer, range: ±4/±8/±12/±16 gauss full scale
- Heart rate and single channel ECG
- Led (red) on the front
- Debug UART, debug I/F, power & ground (inside the battery slot)
- CR 2025 3V lithium coin cell battery
- Easy to use C++ Movesense Device API
- iOS and Android libraries with wireless firmware update capability
- Open source iOS showcase application
- GNU tool chain for embedded ARM
Approvals and compliances
- CE, FCC, IC, C-Tick, CMIIT
- Conforms REACH, RoHS
- Bluetooth 4.2 / 5.0
- US 13/071,624, US 13/832,049, US 13/832,598, US 13/917,668, US 13/397,872, USD 667,127, US 8,386,009, US 8,750,959, US 8,814,574, US 8,886,281, others pending
At this point the Movesense sensors are available for business customers only.