Movesense Sensor is a platform for developing, debugging and running your own Movesense applications.
Versatile, light and small but extremely durable sensor capable of measuring any movement – of the human body, of sports equipment or, of anything else that moves. Runs an open API for developing unique in-device apps for all kinds of motion sensing use cases.
- Swim and shock proof construction, suitable for any sports – and for a whole bunch of innovative use cases beyond just sports!
- Based on Suunto design and development
- Developed, designed and manufactured in Finland
- Low profile snap connection for smooth and subtle attachment to apparel and gear
- User replaceable battery (CR2025 coin cell)
- State of the art ultra low power circuitry
- One of the lightest and smallest sports sensors on the market, 10 g / 0.35 oz. with battery
- Customer branding available
- 9-axis motion sensor: 3 x accelerometer, 3 x gyroscope, 3 x magnetometer
- Heart rate
- 1-wire extension bus interface through Movesense connector
- In-built memory for logging data
- Bluetooth® Smart compatible
- Software tools for developing applications that run inside the sensor
- Wireless firmware update with BLE
- Create your own REST services to the sensor with Movesense API
- Develop applications in the sensor to process measured data before sending or storing it.
- Utilize the sensor’s data logging capability for standalone operation
- Use the Movesense connector with 1-wire ID to launch apps that are linked to where the sensor is attached.
- Diameter: 36,6mm (1.44 in), thickness: 10,6mm (0.42 in)
- Weight 10g / 0.35oz with battery
- Water resistant to 30m/100ft
- Nordic Semiconductor nRF52832 comprising 32 –bit ARM® Cortex®-M4 with 64kB on-chip RAM and 512kB on-chip FLASH
- Integrated Bluetooth Low Energy radio, 2.4GHz
- External memory: 3Mbit EEPROM
- Accelerometer, range :±2/±4/±8/±16g full scale, sampling frequency: 12.5/26/52/104/208Hz
- Gyroscope, range: ±125/±245/±500/±1000/±2000 dps full scale, sampling frequency: 12.5/26/52/104/208Hz
- Magnetometer, range: ±4/±8/±12/±16 gauss full scale
- Temperature, accuracy:±0.5°C (max) from 0°C to +65°C and ±1.0°C (max) from –40°C to +125°C
- For heart rate and heart waveform: check Movesense HR+
- Led (red) on the front
- 1 –wire interface master (accessible through Movesense connector)
- Debug UART, debug I/F, power & ground (inside the battery slot)
- CR 2025 3V lithium coin cell battery
- Easy to use C++ Movesense Device API
- iOS and Android libraries with wireless firmware update capability
- GNU tool chain for embedded ARM
Approvals and compliances
- CE, FCC, IC, C-Tick, CMIIT
- Conforms REACH, RoHS
- Bluetooth 4.2 / 5.0
- US 13/071,624, US 13/832,049, US 13/832,598, US 13/917,668, US 13/397,872, USD 667,127, US 8,386,009, US 8,750,959, US 8,814,574, US 8,886,281, others pending
At this point the Movesense sensors are available for business customers only.